Thursday, March 27, 2008

New home, new puppy!



So, I tried the "blogging" thing when I moved to Seattle... but ony got as far as two entries before I lost interest! But after seeing some recent friends' blogs recently, I have decided to try it again. I don't have any cute little kids or newborn babies to blog about (not yet anyways), but I do have a cute fiance who I will be marrying next spring and we are getting the most adorable little puppy on Saturday! So I'd say both of those are blog worthy, wouldn't you?

Well, Mike and I are back in California! The time we spent in Seattle was great- it's a fun city, beautiful area with lots to do, and I had a wonderful teaching job- and it was a good experience to live somewhere different and far away for a while. So though we liked it, it feels so wonderful to be back in sunny and beautiful California where even cloudy days don't feel cloudy. Being close to family and friends again has been great- you appreciate things much more when you don't have them for a while!
So now, we are renting a much-too-big home in Folsom, which is a little east of Sacramento (closer to Tahoe- yay!) We love living in Folsom- everything you need is within miles but all the rolling hills make you feel like your out in the country (well, maybe not quite in the country, but at least you don't feel like your right in Sacramento.) Our house is so cute, and I have been having way to much fun decorating it and setting it up. But hey, I am not working, so what else am I going to do? I am also learning to cook, and even learning to grill on our new barbeque. We have loved having people over for good food, drinks, and intense ping-pong matches. Did I say I love Folsom???

So I am going to try to keep you posted on the adventures of Scout, as well as our new life in Folsom! Here is a sneak preview of Scout that the breeder sent us when he was 4 weeks old.... Stay tuned for more!






No comments: